Tuesday 30 April 2013

Barry M Papaya - swatches and review

Today I'll do a review of a really fresh polish with a sort of spring feeling to it :) This is Papaya from Barry M. It's an orange peach, the same colour as the inside of a papaya - hence the name ;)



GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT PAPAYA:

Type of polish: Cream (the bottle says Gelly but it's not even a crelly).

Colour: An orange peach.

Opacity: Very good! This is two coats.

Formula: Excellent! A very nice formula which is very easy to apply.

Brush: Very good! Very nice to apply with.

Shine: Very shiny on its own so I have no top coat in these pictures. It really is a high-shine polish as it says on the bottle!

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Quite accurate. Perhaps a bit brighter irl.

Grade: 3+/5 :)

I 'm not a big fan of these kind of colours but when my boyfriend got this for me in London I had to try it and I actually liked it more then I first thought! It's a really bright and happy colour (even though it's pretty close to plaster colour ;))
The formula is great and perhaps it will look better on tanned skin...? I'll probably never know because I have already given it away to a very happy lady ;)

Do you like Papaya?
Have you tried any of the other Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine polishes?


10 comments:

  1. I usually don't wear oranges but I really like this one for summer and I think it looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det var en riktigt cool och läcker färg! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Jezz, what a Gorgeous shade! so not your cup of tea, but I think it suits you perfectly. I love all kind of melon, coral shades, they scream summer to me!
    bacioni, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Har inte testat Barry M lack, men blir lite nyfiken nu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verkligen ett superfint sommarlack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jag är ju vanligtvis totalt anti orange, men det där ser ut som en färg jag kan gilla ändå! Hamnar nog på inköpslistan tror jag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jag är ju normalt inte ett fan av orange, speciellt inte när den går lite åt papayhållet- pastellorange osv. Det funkar helt enkelt inte för mig och inte denna gång heller även om denna verkades ovanligt bra eftersom den tycks ha mycket färg. Däremot kan jag garantera att om jag haft denna så hade den endast varit till nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not one of my favourite colours, but I like it and it looks really good on your nails! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!